How do I get a green card through marriage? 2 Answers as of March 29, 2011

I have been with my boyfriend for over 3 years now, he is an international student, and I have being in school as well. We are planning on getting married soon but I’m currently not working, will I be able to still file for his green card, and what the process on doing so? Thank you for your response.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Yes you can petition your boyfriend and he can file for adjustment of status once you are married. If you do not make enough to meet the Affidavit of Support requirements (check out Form I-864P at for fiscal requirements) you will have to have someone also file an Affidavit of Support as a co-sponsor.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/29/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
You are able to apply by using a joint financial sponsor. Please go to my website and read the marriage article as this will outline the basic options for you!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: