How do I get full custody of my children? 14 Answers as of July 11, 2013

Who do I and what is the best way to get full custody of my child from my mom?

Beresford Booth PLLC
Beresford Booth PLLC | S. Scott Burkhalter
Need more information to answer your question. In particular, why does your mom have custody of your children?
If she has custody, you have to show a change in circumstances in her home to the detriment of the children. The analysis is always what is in the best interest of the children, or you could do it by agreement. Stay well.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
The answer to your question would depend on how it came to be that your mother has custody of your child or children. Without knowing that, there is not enough information to answer your question. You should discuss your matter in detail with an experienced family law attorney in order to explore your potential rights and options. My office offers free initial telephone consultations if you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, as well as explore the potential rights and options available. If you would like to coordinate a free initial telephone consultation, please contact my office.
Deal & Hooks, LLC
Deal & Hooks, LLC | Shawn P. Hooks
You will need to file for custody in the court with proper jurisdiction. If your mother, the child's grandmother, has legal custody you will need to file for a change of custody in whatever court initially granted your mother custody of your child. You will need to show that a change of circumstances has occurred and that the court granting you custody is in the best interest of the child. If the court has never officially granted Legal Custody to your mother, but has granted Temporary Custody to her all you will need to do is demonstrate that it is in the child's best interest that you have legal custody of the child.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Why does your mother have custody? Was by a court order or is it a voluntary arrangement? You should discuss your details with a Florida Child Custody lawyer to see what options you have.
    Custody cases require detailed preparation related to arguments formulated around the legal standard applied. In most cases, courts make custody decisions based on what it deems to be in the child's best interests. You should consult with experienced legal counsel.
    Berner Law Group, PLLC
    Berner Law Group, PLLC | Jack Berner
    Hire an aggressive, experienced attorney. If you reside in Western Washington, feel free to contact my office for a free, no obligation consultation-by phone or in person-about this situation.
    Law Office of James Lentz
    Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
    Your mother has custody of your child?? This issue is way too complicated to be answered in a sentence or two. Please contact a local domestic relations attorney for a information about your question.
    The best, simplest answer to your question is to retain the best child custody lawyer you can find in your area. Then, discuss with your family law lawyer why you lost custody and how you have improved your potential as a parent since then. Good luck!
    Step one: get a lawyer.
    That depends upon the facts of your case and why you are seeking full custody. If you are in my area, please contact me for a free consultation.
    It isn't clear what you mean by "full custody" and you don't explain why you need to do anything. If your Mom has a court order giving her custody or guardianship, you need to go back into that court case to get it changed. You should consult with a lawyer who can examine the actual situation and give you some idea of what you would have to do to change things. If your Mom doesn't have a court order, there is no legal way she can keep your child away from you until she gets one, so it isn't clear why you are needing to ask the question.
    unless there are court orders indicating otherwise you already have such a right. If there are court orders and assuming you did not get your parental rights terminated, then you have to return to the court that granted the order giving your mother custody rights and have it modified.
    Van Der Jagt Law Firm
    Van Der Jagt Law Firm | Grant Van Der Jagt
    It depends on your circumstances. If there are open criminal concerns etc.