How do I get full child custody? 1 Answers as of June 20, 2011

Finalizing divorce now. No court ordered visitations/custody yet. Ex is threatening to take my daughter this weekend ONLY to send her to someone I forbid her to see. What are my rights? I need answers immediately. Have no attorney right now.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Joseph A. Katz
Law Office of Joseph A. Katz | Joseph A. Katz
First, make sure your reasons for prohibiting contact with the person are valid. That is,as they would be seen through the Court's eyes. You can refuse to send the child for the visitation, given that the other parent has directly admitted to you he or she was going to send the child (alone, without the supervision of that parent?) to the offending party. File your own Ex Parte Order to Show Cause (OSC) regarding visitation. Careful, though. Be sure of your facts. You want to be able to make an educated guess regarding the possible ruling by the Court. What is the visitation schedule now? You did not provide enough information to advise your thoroughly.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: