How do I get full child custody of my daughter? 2 Answers as of August 04, 2011

My ex and I have a 2/2/5 schedule with my daughter. I used to have her even more then that, but when I took him to court for child support he took away the extra time I spent with her as well. (I would have her on his days after school, or when she's sick) He constantly shifts the harder times on me, when shes sick or needs to go to the doctor. I set up all her sports and extra activities. He never gets involved, and my daughter spends more time with his mother then with him during his days. I literally talk to her and exchange my daughter with only her and not him. He's pays his child support, but its always late and inconsistent. He just recently dropped her off and said he's going on vacation and won't be back for two weeks with no notice. She's constantly dirty and unfed when he bring

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler
Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler | Robert L Fiedler
I am not sure that you could get sole custody based on what you wrote. I think it might be better to modify the visitation schedule and build into it notification of vacations, etc.
Answer Applies to: Connecticut
Replied: 8/4/2011
Cody and Gonillo, LLP
Cody and Gonillo, LLP | Christine Gonilla
you would need to prove that either that there had been a material change in circumstances or that the custody order was not based upon the child's best interests.
Answer Applies to: Connecticut
Replied: 8/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: