How do I get full child custody? 2 Answers as of June 08, 2011

I have been on childsupport since 2005 and have already had my visitation and childsupport modified since I have moved from FL to TX since 2008. We agreed on the girls visiting with me every summer and in return she is to send the $100 a week times four weeks for the time that they share with me. She gives me a hassel every time and always owes from the previous summer on top of the current summer. Everytime I get them they are full of lice and I have to take care of that which has been going on for 5 years. I feel she doesn't care and has me handle it every summer. Besides that I returned them in July 2010 only to not hear from them for a month and when I do call their numbers she provided me with, her own father said he hadn't seen them. I called to their school in Palm Beach county only to find out they had moved to Okeechobee county and when I tired to get information on their well being she did not even have me down as a contact. I had to fight the school to show I was the biological father. This woman has given me so much grief and I know she is in Contempt of our current court order and yet I got a call from DCF who informed me she had another baby which now makes 5 children from 4 different fathers and that she tested positive for drugs. She doesn't work and never has and lives with her parents in a 2 bedroom trailer. I don't have money to hire a laywer but I want to file for sole custody. I think this whole situation is in my favor to have them here with me but I'm affraid if I let this go this could get worse for my daughters behalf. Just not sure what to do from here.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Based on the fact the children live primarily in Florida, you will have to file a Petition for custody there. Accordingly, a Florida Lawyer would be best suited to answer your questions.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/8/2011
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
It you can't afford a lawyer you will have to call a local non-profit to try an get a pro bono lawyer. Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid may help.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: