How do I get firearm ownership if I have a previous case of embezzlement? 10 Answers as of January 03, 2013

If I was convicted of felony embezzlement over $400 can I apply to regain my right to own a firearm? And if so, how do I go about it?

I would need further information to answer. You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
This depends on how old your conviction is. You would have to get a copy of the judgment and go see a lawyer.
It depends on the penal code section you were convicted of violating. If it is a code section that can be charged as both a felony and a misdemeanor you can get your gun ownership rights back.
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Do an internet search for Florida Clemency and download the application to have your gun rights restored. If it has been 8 years since the completion of the sentence, you might be able to apply. In the meantime, do not take the chance of being sentenced to 3 years in prison.
    If you meet the requirements to vacate and dismiss the felony, it is possible.
    Giles & Giles | Lewis C. Giles
    The only way to get your right to possess a firearm after a felony conviction is to get a pardon.
    Apply for a pardon and then seek gun ownership.
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    You can apply for reinstatement of your firearm rights.
    Elmbrook Law Offices
    Elmbrook Law Offices | Gregory Straub
    As a convicted felon, you will not be able to possess a firearm. The only two possibilities that would allow you to possess a firearm would be a pardon by the governor or to have the case reopened and the charges reduced to a misdemeanor. Otherwise, with the felony upon your record, you will never be able to possess a firearm.