How do I get firearm ownership if I have a previous case of embezzlement? 10 Answers as of January 03, 2013

If I was convicted of felony embezzlement over $400 can I apply to regain my right to own a firearm? And if so, how do I go about it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Edward  D. Dowling IV Attorney at Law
Edward D. Dowling IV Attorney at Law | Edward D. Dowling IV
I would need further information to answer. You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 1/3/2013
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
This depends on how old your conviction is. You would have to get a copy of the judgment and go see a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 12/23/2012
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg | Eric Sterkenburg
It depends on the penal code section you were convicted of violating. If it is a code section that can be charged as both a felony and a misdemeanor you can get your gun ownership rights back.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/21/2012
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/20/2012
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Do an internet search for Florida Clemency and download the application to have your gun rights restored. If it has been 8 years since the completion of the sentence, you might be able to apply. In the meantime, do not take the chance of being sentenced to 3 years in prison.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 12/20/2012
    Andersen Law PLLC
    Andersen Law PLLC | Craig Andersen
    If you meet the requirements to vacate and dismiss the felony, it is possible.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 12/19/2012
    Giles & Giles | Lewis C. Giles
    The only way to get your right to possess a firearm after a felony conviction is to get a pardon.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 12/19/2012
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
    Apply for a pardon and then seek gun ownership.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 12/19/2012
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    You can apply for reinstatement of your firearm rights.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota
    Replied: 12/19/2012
    Elmbrook Law Offices
    Elmbrook Law Offices | Gregory Straub
    As a convicted felon, you will not be able to possess a firearm. The only two possibilities that would allow you to possess a firearm would be a pardon by the governor or to have the case reopened and the charges reduced to a misdemeanor. Otherwise, with the felony upon your record, you will never be able to possess a firearm.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 12/19/2012
Click to View More Answers: