How do I get a fiance visa? 2 Answers as of March 03, 2011

I'm planning on getting married to my boyfriend this December, in Mexico. I want to bring him to the US. what's the fastest way, petition him as a fiance or petition him as my husband once we get married? What's the fastest way? He's Mexican, never had or applied for, a Visa. He's never been in the US.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
In short, it will be harder to petition as a spouse. To be able to petition for him and have him with you in the shortest time, file the fiance petition. If you would like my help, please feel free to call or e-mail to set up an appointment.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
The fastest way would be to petition him for a K-1 Fiance visa. Generally, it will take about 6-9 months. Getting married and petitioning him as your spouse will take about 9 to 12 months. The advantage to petitioning after marriage is, upon is arrival he is a conditional resident, while if he comes as a K1, he had to file for adjustment of status to conditional resident after you are married.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: