How do I get drug charged off my record? 4 Answers as of July 20, 2011

I never had any other charges and I am going to college and afraid it will affect my job opportunites. It happened roughly 2 years ago and still no other trouble. I did 8 months no probation. It happened in fl and I live in Ohio.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
It sounds as if you did 8 months in prison or the county jail. If that is the case then you were adjudicated guilty of the drug charge. You cannot get your record sealed or expunged if you were adjudicated guilty. My suggestion would be to own up to it to your future employers and try to convince that you are a different person now. Good Luck.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/20/2011
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Your options depend on whether it was just a charge or a conviction. If a conviction, what was it for? You should contact a lawyer who deals with record seal and expungements.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/19/2011
Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
If adjudication was withheld and the only thing on your record, you can get your record sealed. It takes 6 - 8 months. Suggest you get a lawyer. Forms are available thru the clerk of courts.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: