How do I get a divorce if I don't know where my husband is? 4 Answers as of June 29, 2012

I got married in september 2011. I am now trying to annul this marriage or get a divorce but dont know my spouse whereabouts how do i go about this.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Varadi, Hair & Checki, LLC
Varadi, Hair & Checki, LLC | Galen M. Hair
There is a process called a curatorship whereby this can be done. You should contact an attorney as soon as possible to get the process started because it can take a while.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 6/29/2012
Bruce Plesser | Bruce Plesser
Get permission from court for substituted service.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/26/2012 | Steve Brodsky
You will need to do what is known as a "divorce by publication". It is not easy or cheap.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/26/2012
Click to View More Answers: