How do I get a divorce if I don't know where my husband is? 4 Answers as of June 29, 2012

I got married in september 2011. I am now trying to annul this marriage or get a divorce but dont know my spouse whereabouts how do i go about this.

Varadi, Hair & Checki, LLC
Varadi, Hair & Checki, LLC | Galen M. Hair
There is a process called a curatorship whereby this can be done. You should contact an attorney as soon as possible to get the process started because it can take a while.
Bruce Plesser | Bruce Plesser
Get permission from court for substituted service.
NYCDivorceCenter.com
NYCDivorceCenter.com | Steve Brodsky
You will need to do what is known as a "divorce by publication". It is not easy or cheap.
Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C. | Eyal Talassazan
I recommend you make a motion to the court asking for substituted service. Normally you can serve the last known residence, but in this case it would make sense to address this issue with the court because service of the Summons and Complaint must be made to proceed with the divorce. Proof of service is required to file the documents needed to obtain a Judgment of Divorce.