How do I get a divorce from the girl in another state? 3 Answers as of September 20, 2016

I am a lesbian. I got married to a girl years ago and like one month later, we had a bad break up. She had a no contact order on me. I stopped talking to her and move to another state. I have been in the east coast over 6 years and I don’t even talk to that girl. She still lives in the same state. I want a divorce because I want to marry my girlfriend that I have now. My fiancé and I have been together a little over 4 years now.

Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
If you are in NY and have been for over 2 years, you can get a divorce here; basis to be considered as you will most likely not deal with finances. Do you know where she can be served? Service is a serious issue that may slow down the process if you can't get personal service right away.
Carefully review the restraining orders with a qualified family law attorney. In California, you have a legal right to proceed with terminating your marriage and filing and serving a divorce action. It would be best to have an attorney represent you in light of the restraining orders.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
You can file for divorce where you are a legal resident. If you can't find the other person to serve the papers, the court has a process whereby you can get an order to publish in the city of the last known address of the other person. You can probably use a paralegal to help and not have to hire an attorney for this.