How do I get a dissolution? 2 Answers as of June 16, 2011

I live in Ohio my husband left in february after accusing me of cheating we had not gotten along for years and had not slept together since 2006 he spent no time with me and did not include me in his life he was a daily drinker that couldn't hold a job I am glad he's gone I wanted him to leave I want a divorce I want to move on with my life. He has been living with another woman since the end of february and will not tell me where he lives. I am still living at our home with a grandson that I have custody of and a 17 year old daughter I am paying the bills and cannot even get him off of the car insurance because I don't know where he lives. He will not communicate with me at first he said we would agree on everything and be done but now he avoids me and will not talk to be able to agree on everything what do I do? I don't have money for an attorney because all of my income is paying bills and daycare he was putting a few hundred dollars a week in the bank and now he has stopped doing that but I am still paying all of the bills I just stopped paying his car payment after making it for months. Can you give me some advise?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Deal & Hooks, LLC
Deal & Hooks, LLC | Shawn P. Hooks
To get a dissolution you will need to have an agreement between you both and a decree prepared for the court to sign off on. You can potentially file for divorce, obtain some spousal support and attorneys fees depending on the jurisdiction and the circumstances. You should contact your local Legal Aid or Bar Association to see if there is someone who can help you for free or at low cost.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 6/16/2011
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
You are in quite a predicament. Contact your local Legal Aid Society to see if you qualify for free legal assistance. I suspect you will.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 6/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: