How do I get a deal on Back Taxes? 3 Answers as of July 12, 2013

I owe both Federal and California taxes in 2008 and 2009, totally about $40,000 including penalties and interest. I am 62, single and unemployed. My only income is $951 social security before IRS levies 15%. Anyway, I may find a way to pay off all the back taxes. What is the best way to get the best deal?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller
Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller | Jackie Robert Geller
Consider submitting an "offer in compromise" to both the IRS and the FTB. If your only income is social security, and you have very little by way of assets, you should qualify for a significant reduction in taxes. Talk to a local attorney or CPA.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/7/2011
The Schreiber Law Firm
The Schreiber Law Firm | Jeffrey D. Schreiber
A "deal" with the IRS and the California Franchise Tax Board is by a process called Offer In Compromise. The Franchise Tax Board currently appears to resist approving any Offers In Compromise.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: