How do I get custody if the mother is incarcerated? 2 Answers as of June 30, 2011

My son's mom has been incarcerated. I am looking to try to gain custody of my 12 year old son. What steps do I need to take to proceed?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fox Law Firm LLC
Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
You need to file for custody based upon the fact that she is incarcerated. You can call the office to discuss further in a free confidential consultation.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/30/2011
The Coyle Law Office
The Coyle Law Office | T. Andrew Coyle
If custody has already been determined by a court, you should file a petition under that case# requesting custody be granted to you. If there has not been any such proceeding already, you can file for custody in your local family law court or for guardianship in your local probate court.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: