How do I get a credit lien in my house removed if the company closed in 2010? 4 Answers as of May 17, 2013

I have a credit lien on my house in 2008, the company closed in 2010. The county clerk, state they don't know how to get it removed since the company is out of business, or what paperwork to file since no one can sign from their end.

Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
A lien is a type of interest in your property. The only remedy I'm aware of for clearing an interest in real property is a suit for quiet title in the superior court. You would name the former company, or its owner, as the defendant. You should speak to a real estate attorney about this.
You would have to make motion to vacate the judgment/lien.
Frank Law Group, P.C.
Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
In California you would have to file a quiet title action to get the lien removed. It would take 9-12 mos. to complete and cost around $10,000, possibly more if the lien was assigned to a third party who chooses to oppose the quiet title lawsuit. Moreover, if a third party now owns the lien, the court could find that it remains valid and enforceable against your property.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
You can write letters to the credit bureaus.