How do I get a copy of the receipt from the people who purchased my property? 10 Answers as of March 24, 2013

The person who sued me held my property then sold it.

I would need further information to answer. You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
Law Office of Ronald Arthur Lowry
Law Office of Ronald Arthur Lowry | Ronald Arthur Lowry
Real estate transactions are supposed to be recorded in the Superior Court Clerk's Office of the county where the property is located. I suggest that you look there.
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
If you are being sued by someone that you gave collateral to for a deficiency balance in what you owe them that the sale didn't cover, you are entitled to find out how much they sold your property for and to whom. You are also entitled to get copies of any sales documents. You would have your attorney file discovery papers, such as Interrogatories and/or Requests to Produce. Your attorney can also Subpoena similar documents from the purchaser. You should be discussing all this with your attorney, who should know how to get this information.
Adler Law Group, LLC
Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
If would come from a discovery request to be filed in the law suit.
Your question doesn't make any sense If you sold it you gave the receipt if you are in a court situation you can always use a subpoena. Otherwise you are stuck I assume. Dont understand what you are trying to describe. Try again
    More information is needed.
    Attorney at Law | Ernest Krause
    Ask for the receipt. You are being sued regarding your own property? You borrowed money, maybe, and didn't repay? Sued in Small Claims Court? File a response stating all your facts.
    I cannot understand your question. I take it that the purchasers did not buy your property directly from you and you want the receipt given to the one who sold the property. First, normally, when property is sold, the seller does not get a receipt or give a receipt. Rather, the seller gives the buyer a deed, which is recorded with the Register of Deeds for the county where the property is located. There is also an affidavit stating what price was paid. You can request these documents from the register of deeds.
    Lombardi Law Firm
    Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
    Your question is so unspecific it's impossible for me to answer. Add some meat to the bones. Add fact.
    Answer Applies to: Iowa
    In the course of the "discovery" phase of the collection suit against you, you could demand that they produce proof of what they got for the property, because that amount would act as an offset for the amount they are seeking from you. If they sold the property to a friend for real cheap, you could contest the sale and get credit for the fair market price of the property.