How do I get child support forgiveness? 1 Answers as of April 11, 2011

My child support has been legally stopped. I've been trying to figure out how to get the arrearages forgiven, everyone keeps running me around in circles. Judge says he has no authority to do it. I talked to the custodial parent and adoptive mother and they both said child support told them only a judge can forgive it. I need to know how to get it done. I've been run around in circles by all parties and I just don't know how to or what to do to get it done please help me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Why should these arrearages be forgiven, an important point that seems to be missing from your plea for help? Someone had to pay during this time when you apparently were not.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 4/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: