How do I get a child support felony record expunged? 1 Answers as of July 08, 2011

I am trying to get a non-disclosure for a child support case. It was for South Dakota and Texas. I don't know what the process is to get this non-disclosure done. Or even a felony expungement. What is the process to complete this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Can only answer regarding Texas. In Texas, to get a case expunged, you must have gotten a dismissal or a not guilty after a trial. If you were convicted or even received a deferred, you cannot expunge the matter. If you received deferred and you completed the terms and the deferred was discharged, then 5 years after the discharge, you can petition the court in which you were prosecuted for nondisclosure (sealing) of your record. This would close it to local checks but it would still be available to law enforcement and licensing agencies.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: