How do I get a bankruptcy off of my credit report? 22 Answers as of May 29, 2012

I filed bankruptcy almost two years ago. I did it to clean up my bad credit, and try to rebuild it. No one wants to give me credit,because of it. H ow can i get the bankruptcy off my credit report,before seven years.? Im desperate,PLEASE HELP ME. I want to borrow fifteen thousand dollars in a month to go in on buying a condo.

CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE).
CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE). | Gary Lee Lane
It will remain for several years up to 10 if it is true. Anything else would be fraud.
Law Office of Susan G. Taylor
Law Office of Susan G. Taylor | Susan G. Taylor
You can't a ch. 7 will be on it 10 years, & a ch. 13 will be there 7 years.
Not likely you can fix that in a month. People coming out of bankruptcy with a car payment or a house payment rebuild their credit right away if they make the payments on time. If you come out with no debt, you start with a small secured card and use it correctly making sure to make all the payments on time. Over time your credit score will improve.
It is on your credit for 10 years. Can not be removed.
Alvin Lundgren | Alvin Lundgren
Bankruptcy stay on credit reports for 10 years or more. You cannot force their removal. You can rebuild your credit with careful management over a few years.
    When you file bankruptcy it stays on your credit report for ten years. After that time it will drop off. To re-establish credit pay current bills on time. Save up money for your down payment. You probably will be able to qualify for a loan if you have savings and it has been at least two years since you filed.
    Bodow Law Firm PLLC | Ted Araujo
    A bankruptcy stays on your credit report for ten (10) years not seven, and there is no way that I know of to remove it.
    Bereliani Law Firm | Sanaz Sarah Bereliani
    Unfortunately you cannot get the bankruptcy information off of your credit report and it will be there for 10 years. After you finished your bankruptcy your attorney (if you had one) should've informed you of how to rebuild your credit. Most mortgage companies these days are willing to work with people on new mortgages 2-3 years after bankruptcy. It sounds like you want to get an unsecured loan to get the property, however, maybe you'll have a better chance at a mortgage as it'll be secured by the new home. I would have an attorney that handles bankruptcy and credit repair to review your credit report and see how they can help you rebuild your credit or get new loans.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    You do not get a bankruptcy off of your credit report. Your credit after filing bankruptcy depends upon the lending practices of the institutions that you apply for credit with. Find a bank who will loan you money in spite of the bankruptcy. You see, you cannot file bankruptcy again for around five years, so anyone who lends you money has that assurance that the debt will be repaid.
    Burton Green, Attorney | Burton Green
    I am not aware that you can have the bankruptcy removed from your credit reports. However, I believe that you can take steps to build up your credit score. You should read how to do that on the Internet. Basically you will need to get some type of credit account, including a secured credit card, and make payments on the account. It will extremely important that you make all payments when due and timely. If you are late or miss a payment you will set your credit score back for years.
    Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A.
    Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A. | Diane L. Drain
    Bankruptcy will stay on your credit report for 10 years.
    Debt Relief Law Center | Roger J. Bus
    There is no way that I am aware of to get a bankruptcy removed from a credit report prematurely. If there was a legal way, everybody would be doing it. One of the ramifications of filing bankruptcy is it can be legally reported on your credit report "up to 10 years." Some creditors may "ignore" your bankruptcy filing after only 2 years, others after 6, etc.- but that is their decision to make. Some creditors (such as high interest car lots) may ignore your credit report almost immediately, proof of a steady job is good enough for them to provide secured financing. But I have no knowledge of how you could remove a bankruptcy after only two years in order to obtain condo financing- the only thing you can do is be up front about it and persuade them you are a good credit risk in spite of your prior bankruptcy.
    Your credit history stays on your credit report for 10 years. So, I don't know that there is anything you can do to have it removed sooner. You could contact credit repair agencies to see if there is any way to get it removed from your credit.
    Olson Law Firm | Edward M Olson
    You cannot demand that truthful statements be removed from your credit report.
    Law Offices of Pamela L. Stewart | Pamela L. Stewart
    Unfortunately, you can't get the bankruptcy off your credit report. By law, credit reporting agencies have the right to report a bankruptcy for ten years from the date the case was filed. The bankruptcy is a part of your credit history - you don't dispute the fact that you filed for bankruptcy. Two years after bankruptcy is a very short time to expect to be obtaining credit and loans - especially considering where the economy is. Even if your credit was just okay, I doubt you would be able to get a mortgage loan at this point. Give it time, as your bankruptcy ages, it will have less weight on your credit score. Meanwhile, you should pay on time for whatever debt, bills you may have.
    Joseph F. Hook, Attorney at Law
    Joseph F. Hook, Attorney at Law | Joseph F. Hook
    The bankruptcy will remain on your credit report for 10 years. It is a chance to rebuild your credit, not rewrite your credit. Would you have gotten the credit you now seek had you not filed chapter 7, or would you have unresolved bad debt that would be bringing your credit down.
    Gregory J. Wald, Attorney at Law
    Gregory J. Wald, Attorney at Law | Gregory J. Wald
    There is no sure way to remove accurate information from a credit report before it has expired. However, I am told by mortgage brokers that it is generally possible to obtain a mortgage two years after your bankruptcy is completed, and sometimes as little as one year after it is completed. I wish you the best.
    Law Office of Kristen Allard Shier
    Law Office of Kristen Allard Shier | Kristen Allard Shier
    Unfortunately, the only way to remove a bankruptcy from your credit report is to allow the requisite time to pass. In addition, in 2005 Congress revised the bankruptcy laws and one of the changes that was made was that bankruptcies remain on your credit report for 10 years, not 7 years. However, all is not lost. I have had several clients who have been able to get a mortgage loan 2 years after their bankruptcy discharge. Whether that will be the case for you depends upon a variety of factors, including your credit history since you filed bankruptcy, the circumstances of your bankruptcy, and what type of loan you are trying to obtain (for example, whether it is a FHA, VA, or private lender), among other things. Since your question states that you filed bankruptcy "almost two years ago" it is unlikely that you will qualify for a loan at this time. At a minimum, you will to wait until at least two years has passed since your discharge. However, you should speak to a lender knowledgeable about obtaining loans following a bankruptcy discharge because every situation is a little bit different.
    The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu
    The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu | Mengjun Qiu
    You can't. There is no way to get the record off your credit report before 10 years (chapter 7) or 7 years (chapter 13). Sorry.
    Robert Suhajda
    Robert Suhajda | Robert Suhajda
    You cannot get it off your credit report before 7 years. You have to build your credit back up over time with smaller credit transactions. Get a rewards credit card. Ask someone to cosign.
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    Your bankruptcy will remain on your credit report for up to 10 years. You cannot remove it earlier. Try rebuilding your credit by the use of prepaid credit cards or an auto loan.