How do I get an extension on a 30 day notice when the landlord doesn't communicate with you? 2 Answers as of March 04, 2016

My landlord has given me two 30 day notices in 4 months 11/15 and 2/16 I never was late on my rent I never cause any problems the neighbors and I get along I call to speak to him he hung up on me twice. I'm not for sure but I think you called me a racial name the first time but I'm not sure so I can't say but he acts like he doesn't like me I have giving him the utmost respect this have also puzzle some of my neighbors that I shared with. I need an extension to the end of March hopefully I'll find a place before then.

You don't, unless you are in a city that has a "no fault" eviction ordinance, like Oakland or Berkeley. Otherwise the tenancy is simply at an end and if you hold over you can be evicted.
Law Office of Jeffrey T. Reed | Jeffrey T. Reed
Depending on the terms of your lease and where you live the landlord can give you a 30 day notice without cause. The next step is for him to file an eviction or Unlawful Detainer action to get you out. That will take at least to the end of March to run it?s course. You don't want to ignore that if he does, be sure and respond. As far as communicating with the landlord, send him a written letter with your concerns and request to extend so you have a record to use in court if it comes to that.