How do I get an arrest off my record if no charges were filed? 5 Answers as of May 17, 2013

I was arrested for a very trumped up charge off domestic violence and battery by stranglation. No charges were ever filed and I was released the next morning. How do I get this horrible charge off my record?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
Go through the steps to expunge your arrest record in your jurisdiction.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 5/17/2013
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law | Charles M. Schiff
Your state's expungement law may very well make sealing of arrest records a matter of right in your situation. You need to review the applicable law to answer your question. In Minnesota, you would be entitled to an order sealing those arrest records.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 5/17/2013
Foster & Moss P.C.
Foster & Moss P.C. | Nicole W. Moss
In New Mexico, it is extremely difficult to get charges expunged from your record. If you are factually innocent and can prove it, however, you may be able to get the charges removed from local databases by obtaining a court order. The process for obtaining a court order is complicated and generally involves getting the DA's office to stipulate to the expungement. In order to have the charges removed from the FBI's national database, the NCIC, the agency that submitted the information to the NCIC must request the expungement. To get the agency to submit that request, you will need a court order. They won't do this voluntarily. Expungement is an extremely complicated and lengthy process and even if you succeed in getting the records removed from the official websites, there is no guarantee that other third-party websites have not scrubbed the data and added it to their website.
Answer Applies to: New Mexico
Replied: 5/17/2013
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
If the case never proceeded to court, it may not be possible to remove the arrest from your record. However, since it did not result in a conviction, it should not impede your ability to secure employment.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/17/2013
The Lariscy Law Firm, PC
The Lariscy Law Firm, PC | Joseph E. Lariscy, III
Do the charges show up on your criminal history? If not, you have nothing to worry about. If they do, it is important that the charges are dismissed in order to have them expunged from your record, or hidden from public view. Obtain a copy of your criminal history.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/17/2013
Click to View More Answers: