How do I fire my attorney and cancel my request of the court? 6 Answers as of November 12, 2013

I need to fire my attorney due to his unethical behavior. In addition, I hired him to file this motion based on information he gave me when we had our first interview, I have learned this information is incorrect. My legal situation is now a big mess and I need to put it back as it was prior to hiring this attorney so I can put this behind me. This is in San Diego, Ca.

Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
You need to hire a new lawyer if you hired the first lawyer. If he is court appointed or a public defender you can ask for a Marsden hearing. You might want to talk to your current lawyer, maybe he based his advice on your information which was contradicted by the police report and/or his investigation of the case. Sometimes I tell clients, if that is true, then we have a good issue.
Lee Law Group | Ernest Lee
This may be the last thing you want to hear because perhaps you are tire of discussing your situation with attorney but, just the same, you need to discuss your situation with an attorney. The reasons are that your question needs clarification, i.e., additional questions must be answered before I know how to advise you. For example, what unethical behavior did your current attorney commit? How do you know it was/is unethical under the context? Why do you want to return the status quo back to before you hired the attorney and not correct the problem for which you initially hired him or her? That is, why correct your legal situation's big mess?
Find another one and hire him or her. That person will know what to do. If you have a court appointed attorney it is more difficult. There is something called a Marsden motion in which you would have to explain with specificity why your court appointed attorney is not representing you adequately. You will need to inform the judge about that at the next court appearance or write him or her a letter.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
You discuss your questions and concerns with your current lawyer, they may have a plan/strategy that hasn't been fully explained to your satisfaction. Instead of firing your attorney you might take advantage of a free consultation offered by other lawyers in your area. They may be able to shed some light on the strategy your current lawyer is using and explain it better, they may agree with you. If they agree with you, you just tell the Judge that you don't want to work with the lawyer you hired.
Law Offices of Ramona Hallam
Law Offices of Ramona Hallam | Ramona Hallam
Usually if you retain another attorney, you can demand your money back and the first attorney might pay it. If not, get your new attorney involved in demanding the first attorney return funds wrongfully obtained. First, however, you should doublecheck to make sure you are not misunderstanding the law as it applies to your facts. DUI law can be confusing at times and an attorney may mention possibilities before he sees your discovery. Often the discovery can change the analysis. He might actually be doing a great job. I would research that before firing him.
    Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
    cannot respond to this without specific facts.You have a choice not to have an attorney. If this is a criminal matter,you will have to make an oral request to the Judge to relieve your attorney.