How do I find what compensation I’m entitled to because I have ownership of a specific master recording? Posted on August 08, 2010

I have 50% ownership of specific master recording released on two separate CD's and I want to find how much compensation I’m entitled to. They were released without any negotiation of compensation, per the contractual agreement I have with the artist. I’m more specifically interested in 3 songs that appear on two different CD's and 2 of the 3 are available on iTunes as well. I would assume between iTunes and SoundScan, that total sales can be somewhat determined. Also there was an independent recorded CD that the artist boasts he sold tens of thousands of copies on the streets of Las Vegas. I would assume there has to be records through disc-makers or other such companies who manufactured the finished product. I am trying to weigh options and determine if this is financial worth pursuing.