How do I find the right attorney if I want to sue a bank for wrongful foreclosure? 4 Answers as of January 20, 2014

I was foreclosed on and then found out that all the papers they gave to court where wrong. They never owned the note, then the modification was given but then sent back after they took title. Lender was in bankruptcy court and no assets where released. These are just a few of the criminal behavior on the part of the servicer. They have damaged my family's life here. Can I get a list of civil suite attorneys who have experience in this field?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
Here is a link to the State Bar's index of certified specialists. There is no certified specialty in real estate law, but you can choose Civil Trial Advocacy. Fill in your location and the search will find attorneys in your area. Second, your local county Bar Association may have a Lawyer Referral Program that will arrange a half-hour consultation with a real estate specialist for a nominal fee. Ask for someone with experience in foreclosure law. You should interview several lawyers before you choose.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/20/2014
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
There are plenty of talented foreclosure attorneys but you also have to think of the cost involved in suing a bank. You may want to look on line for any law firms suing your bank in larger class action lawsuits.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 1/16/2014
Penglase & Benson, Inc.
Penglase & Benson, Inc. | John Benson
This is a wide spread problem. Many banks bought up mortgages without proper documentation. I have dealt with several of these and have found that often the Banks cannot prove that they have a right to sue because they don't have the documentation. These cases need to be challenged.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 1/16/2014
Meister & McCracken Law Firm, PLLC | Joanne M. McCracken
One place to begin would be to contact the Arkansas Bar Association and ask for referrals; another option is to search on line, and to ask your friends, family and your accountant or attorney for referrals.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
Replied: 1/16/2014
Click to View More Answers: