How do I find out if my property went through a judicial or non- judicial foreclosure? 2 Answers as of July 24, 2013

I had a second and they are trying to collect from me. I now live in California and they are suing me here.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
You can check the records of the court in the county in which the property is located. When you say the lender is suing you, do you mean the lender has filed an out of state judgment here? If so, then the only way the lender could have gotten a judgment is through judicial foreclosure.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/24/2013
Frank Law Group, P.C.
Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
Your best bet is to confer with an attorney in the state where you owned the property that was foreclosed. Generally, a judicial foreclosure involves a lawsuit against you. Regardless of whether it was judicial or nonjudicial, the holder of the second can usually pursue a personal judgment against the borrower after the first forecloses.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/23/2013
Click to View More Answers: