How do I find out if my ex listed me as the father on our daughter's birth certificate? 6 Answers as of November 05, 2013

I was at the hospital when she was born but did not see my ex fill out the paper for her birth certificate nor did I sign anything.

Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
If you were not married, you need to sign an affidavit of paternity to be on the birth certificate. If she refuses to cooperate, file a petition to establish parentage. If she does cooperate, file a petition to establish a parenting plan, since you are not a legal father until the court has established you as one.
Ex what?? Ex-wife, or ex-girl friend?? It makes a difference.? Ask her for a copy, or seek a copy of the birth certificate from California Dept. of Public Health (see http://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/pages/certifiedcopiesofbirthdeathrecords.aspx?) - but they will provide you a copy only if you are named in the birth certificate, or file an action under the Uniform Parentage Act (otherwise known as a Paternity case).
Provda Law Firm
Provda Law Firm | Bruce Provda
Get a copy of the birth certificate.
Oscar E. Toscano | Oscar E. Toscano
Request a copy of the birth certificate. If you are the biological father, you should file a complaint to establish paternity, whether you are on the birth certificate or not if you were not married to the mom at the time.
Law Office of Cassandra Savoy
Law Office of Cassandra Savoy | Cassandra Savoy
Usually, you need to personally sign the BC.