How do I find out how much is in my husband's 401k? 4 Answers as of March 24, 2015

My husband wants a divorce, I've asked him what is presently in 401k, he will not divulge the amount. I believe he is taking money and moving it prior to serving divorce papers. Is there a way to find out how much in pension and 401k without serving divorce papers?

James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
I believe you would benefit from filing for dissolution and once he is served he is restrained from disposing of property and hiding money.
Law Offices of John F. Nicholson
Law Offices of John F. Nicholson | John F. Nicholson
You need to go back to family law court to get an order and a lien.
Law Offices of Julie A. Ringquist | Julie A. Ringquist
File the case. He will be in violation of the automatic restraining orders if he removes more funds. Also with a court case, you can get a subpoena and obtain all the records.
Law Offices of Robert Burns
Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
You need to put the employment benefit plan on notice of your community property interest and claim to protect yourself as to the employer and to file your divorce action and serve husband with the summons with applicable stock restraining orders. Knowing what is in the plan should come later.