How do I find out about a parole board review hearing? 10 Answers as of October 15, 2012

My husband is a Michigan parolee who has been falsely accused of some charges and is currently in Egler facility in Jackson Michigan. This was supposed to have happen on my birthday of July 4th. We find out from my great niece a month later that she wants to bring him up on charges of sexual misconduct and they were never alone together in my home. The first hearing was adjourned and it has been over forty days...his court appointed parole board review attorney is not giving me any answers.

The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
The lawyer does not have to talk to relatives and most public defenders will not deal with them. As a private lawyer I always take their calls and answer most questions, but some thing are confidential. Defendants usually tell their relatives they are innocent, and that is true once in a while. They have no motive to admit their guilt, especially for serious or embarrassing crimes. You should understand that a parole hearing can take 90 days and it is not like a trial with a jury and a proof beyond a reasonable doubt standard. If they think you committed a crime or violated a term of parole you go back to prison.
I am a NY attorney. You should consult a Michigan attorney.
Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
Write to the parole board.
Talk with someone in Michigan.
Attorney at Law | Michael P. Vollandt
The attorney does not have to give you any information because you are not the client.
    Myles Hahn III Attorney at Law | Myles Hahn III
    Based on what you have said, it is time for your husband to consult with an attorney of his own. He must defend against the charges. A parole board attorney represents the parole board and not your husband.
    Write the Parole Board. They may tell you what is happening.
    Ask a Michigan attorney.
    Call judge from the review hearing, or judge's chambers. When the judge's people tell you it has not been rescheduled, then maybe you will believe that the court appointed attorney does not know anything. These are not legal questions, they are common sense questions.
    Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
    The attorney can give you information only if his client consents in writing. There still are attorney/client privileges.