How do I find a missing will? 2 Answers as of August 05, 2010

If I was looking at a closed case of my grandmothers in the records room at the courthouse and there are a few missing documents, how do I go about finding those missing documents? I'm asking because my grandma had a will that has gone missing. My grandma had a guardian at the time. Could he have removed them from the files without the court knowing?

Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm
Prometheus: A Social Justice Law Firm | Aly Ebrahimzadeh
You can ask the attorney who drafted it if he/she has a copy still - he/she should. Also, if the estate portfolio had a trust, it may have been recorded with any real estate property records she had on file with the County Recorder's Office in the County in which she owned such property, or it may have been recorded with any banks that she had accounts with. Don't forget to ask family members and dig around her house, with her permission of course.
Missing legally means unknown location. Do your homework and try to find the attorney[s] that did the original work, or the guardian, or anyone else associated with the situation. Unfortunately, there is no magic hint or tip that will solve this problem.