How do I find an attorney who specializes in divorce? 26 Answers as of May 10, 2011

How do I find an attorney who specializes in divorce?

I handle divorce cases. In fact, the shortest and easiest way to to ask the attorney, "How much of your practice is devoted to divorce cases?"
There are no Board Certifications for divorce; but that is my main practice. I have been doing them for 25 years. We have a free initial consultation if you wish to discuss further.
You can go on line and check, or call your local Bar Association. My firm also does exactly that for clients. Good luck.
Arnold & Wadsworth
Arnold & Wadsworth | Brian Arnold
It sounds like you have already taken some steps to find that out. You want to make sure that they have experience and that you feel confident in them.
Call the local bar association.
    You could contact your local bar association to ask them for a referral. You could check with family and friends to see who they recommend. You may find that you get preferable results from a lawyer who doesn't "specialize..." Stay well.
    Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP
    Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP | Hal D. Bartholomew
    There are many internet sites that will give you information and background on finding a family law attorney. I would suggest checking some of sites and then checking an individual attorney's website for more background. If you know an attorney practicing in the geographic area, even though not in family law, that person is often a good person from whom to get a referral.
    Fox Law Firm LLC
    Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
    We at the Fox Law Firm, specialize in divorce. Call us today for a free 30 minute consultation. You are under no obligation to retain us. We will sit down with you and listen to your concerns and desires and we will then explain your options as it pertains to your specific divorce case as well as explain the laws, procedures, and any obligations you may or your spouse may have.
    Law Office of John C. Volz
    Law Office of John C. Volz | John C. Volz
    Our office specializes in divorce, custody and support issues.
    Many county bar associations have a referral service. Yellow pages. go to the family law court docket and see who's there and who's good.Consider those who know how to do it collaboratively.
    You can go on the State Bar website and search for Certified Family Specialists in your county, and call and interview them until you find one you feel comfortable dealing with.
    I specialize in divorce. If you are in my area, please contact me for a free consultation.
    Look in the yellow pages under Family Law or Divorce; do a Google search for divorce lawyers in your area; call you local bar association referral service.
    Look online, yellow pages, call local bar association.
    You can find divorce lawyers through the State Bar Assn or online. However, you should interview a number of attorneys and ask questions to find one that is both experienced and whose style and philosophy of the case fits your own.
    Beresford Booth PLLC
    Beresford Booth PLLC | S. Scott Burkhalter
    If you are looking for an attorney in Washington State, I would be happy to help. You may also look on various websites that allow you to search by subject area and State.
    You just did. What is your situation?
    Law Office of Richard B. Kell
    Law Office of Richard B. Kell | Richard B. Kell
    There are plenty of us around. Please feel free to call my office if I can be of assistance.
    Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law
    Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law | Edwin Fahlen
    You have just completed your task. Please review the comprehensive information at my website and if you still have unanswered questions contact me directly any time any day.
    You found many by going onto this website. Find one near you, call him/her, and set up a consult.
    Law Offices of Thomas P. Miller
    Law Offices of Thomas P. Miller | Thomas P. Miller
    One way is to contact your local (city or county) bar association and ask for a referral to a family law attorney.
    Maclean Chung Law Firm
    Maclean Chung Law Firm | G. Thomas MacLean Jr.
    There are a lot of resources to find an attorney that specializes in divorce. Perhaps the easiest is running a search online looking for a divorce attorney in your area. You can also ask your friends and neighbors if they can recommend a good divorce attorney. If you are in the Los Angeles area, our law office handles divorce matters. Fell free to contact us.