How do I finalize my divorce if I previously filed for bifurcation? 8 Answers as of February 26, 2013

My ex wife and I have one child together. We've been married for 10 years. I filed for divorce on April, 2012 but she was not willing to agree on anything so I filed for bifurcation. It was granted in December 2012. I am doing everything on my own because of financial problems. Now I really want to finalize my divorce all the way but I need some advice from you guys. So can anyone tell me what paperwork do I need to start off? please help me!!!

Law Offices of John F. Nicholson
Law Offices of John F. Nicholson | John F. Nicholson
You can do it all through paper if she will agree to settlement terms. That is often difficult, especially because you mention she was not willing to agree on anything. The alternative is to go to trial. If there are substantial assets at stake you need an attorney. If there are not substantial assets then what is there to fight over?
LAW OFFICE OF JON RATHJEN | JON LAURENCE RATHJEN
You would need to set the remaining issues (property; spousal support; custody, visitation and support as to any dependent kids) for trial. Basically this is done using am "At Issue Memo" or "memorandum to set case for trial depending on the county there may be conditions precedent to be met before you can file the "at issue".
John H. Sibbison III, Professional Law Corporation | John Sibbison
Presuming that your ex has filed a Response so that you are unable to proceed by default, you need to file a Request for Trial Setting to obtain a trial date but, be forewarned that both parties will have had to have filed a Declaration of Service re Declaration of Disclosure before the court will give you a trial date.?Finalizing?the dissolution?is not a simple process if you don't have experience doing it so you should contact a lawyer. It will cost you some money but, otherwise, you may be spinning your wheels for a long time without having any success. Some attorneys will agree to accept payments from you.
Sandra Nutt, Attorney at Law
Sandra Nutt, Attorney at Law | Sandra Nutt
Set the case for trial. There are numerous steps to take to do that and prepare for trial. You may be able to have your wife sign final judgment papers with a settlement agreement attached to it, but it doesn't sound like she will. Don't you have a self-help desk in the courthouse? Go to it. If you're in LA you can also seek assistance from Harriett Buhai Family Law Center or Levitt & Quinn. This cannot be answered in an email without detailed specific facts to your circumstances.
File a request to have a trial date so you can finish the entire case.
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    You must file a form to get the case to trial. Contact your local court for the proper form.
    Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
    You will need to complete your disclosures and then enter a Judgment either by agreement, default or court hearing. You should consult a family law attorney or facilitator to review your documents and advise you what is left to be done. This can be done a little or no cost.
    LAW OFFICE OF ANNE B. HOWARD | Anne B. Howard
    Go to your court's website. Compare the forms you've already done to the ones needed for a judgment (you can buy the package from the court). Or consult an attorney to help you figure out which forms to use. The forms differ depending on the county you're in and what's been done already and what's been bifurcated.