How do I file US taxes from abroad? Posted on March 22, 2011

My wife has a green card and social security number. Next year we plan to live abroad in her native country as I will be not in the usa for any portion of the year but I will still have a usa 1040 form to file. If she does not renew her green card can I still declare her on my 1040 with her current social security number as a dependent or by moving back to her country as not becoming a usa citizen void her social security number? Am I eligible to continue to file my usa taxes under the status married filing jointly?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: