How do I file to request mitigation of forfeiture? Posted on May 18, 2011

I was pulled over and given a warning for following the car in front of me too closely. The officer used his k9 to check to see if I had drugs. I told him that I had no drugs but the officer said he thought his dog had picked up on something so they searched my car. They found money that I had in my car, which was money that I cashed out of my retirement that I was considering investing. I have a bank statement showing that I took the money from my account but he called the DEA and seized all of my savings that I had taken out. How do I get my money back? Is there a form that I need to fill out? Do I need an attorney?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: