How do I file a perjury charge against someone who filed a frivolous temporary protective order against me? 2 Answers as of January 27, 2011

A frivolous Temporary Protective Order was filed against me that has prevented me from seeing my children. I have 2 witnesses, one eye witness and one being the Sheriff that wrote the police report. What are the proper steps on how to file perjury charges against the person that filed the frivolous Temporary Protective Order? This is in Georgia.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
We at the Goolsby Law Firm, LLC practice law in Augusta, Georgia. I am a former state and federal prosecutor who now practices criminal defense with my son. While an individual in Georgia may apply to a local magistrate for a criminal warrant against another person, I would also point out that you, after consultation with a local attorney, might consider talking with the local sheriff's office, too. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 1/27/2011
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Because I am familiar with the TPO process, I cannot understand what you have written. Before any TPO is issued you are given an opportunity to appear in court and argue why the TPO should not be granted. DID you appear in court with an attorney and present evidence why teh TPO should not be granted. No? Then we are done talking about perjury charges, because you don't even follow the procedures meant to protect you. Yes? Then your attorney should explain to you the options you now have none of which really involve perjury charges.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 1/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: