How do I file my taxes next year if my company is moving states? 2 Answers as of April 29, 2011

I have a small online retail company that has been doing well, but I am planning on moving to NC so that I can be closer to family and the market that I am trying to sell to. I am trying to prepare my documentation so that my taxes will be a smooth transition, but do not know what to do from here. What will happen with the two state tax requirements?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
You need to consult a CPA in North Carolina.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/29/2011
Givner & Kaye
Givner & Kaye | Bruce Givner
You may have to file returns in both states in which you reside for a portion of the year.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: