How do I file a K fiance visa for my husband if I am a green card holder? 7 Answers as of February 15, 2011

How do I file a K fiance visa for my husband if I am a green card holder?

Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
You cannot file a K visa if you are a greencard holder. You must be a U.S. citizen.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
a green card holder cannot file for K fiance visa. You must naturalize and become a US citizen first, before you can apply for K fiance visa.
You cannot file a K1 fiance visa if you are a Green Card holder. Only U.S. Citizens can petition their fiances. Also, if you are already married you cannot file a K1 fiance visa. If you marry your fiance you can petition him by filing an I-130 and will have to wait 3 to 5 years (depending on what country he is from) before he is eligible for to apply for his immigrant visa.
File an I-130.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You can't file a fiance petition as a resident! You have to be United States citizen before.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    Only American citizen can file a K-1 petition for a fiance / or K-3 or imigrant visa petition for a spouse. But Green card holder can file an immigrant visa petition.
    You are not eligible to file for fiance as green card holder. You can marry him and bring him over. Be aware you bear the burden to prove your relationship. It is not just about filling out a form. It is about presenting your case to comply with the law. Thus, it is strongly recommended to work with a lawyer. Good luck!