How do I file immigration paperwork correctly? 2 Answers as of June 28, 2011

When filling out the Immigration paperwork, should we use her maiden name or my last name (her new last name) on the paperwork? As in the I-485, I-130, I-864, etc. Also, are there common mistakes people make when filling out this paperwork that I should be careful about? Thank you

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
The answer is to find competent counsel to do it for you. I am not being facetious, just the truth. About names, it doesn't matter just pick one and stick to it throughout the applications. People usually want to show that they have the same last names. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/28/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
In terms of her name, the name she lists is on the form will be that listed on her green card. So she should put her preference!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: