How do I file for two relatives to become citizens? 7 Answers as of July 27, 2011

I am an American Citizen I want to fill a Petition for residence for my mom and brother. My question is do I need to pay two fees or one for each of them? Do I need to fill separated or can I fill out together? They are in Colombia at the moment.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
You must file a separate relative petition for each and each immediately relative goes on its own wait list. When current if eligible the individual may obtain residence.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/27/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
The cases are separate. In fact, they are very different in that your mothers case is an immediate relative, while your brother is a 4th preference case. Your start by filing the relative petition for each, then your mother will file for her immigrant visa at her home consulate. Your brother must wait for the visas to be available (priority date to be current) which is backlogged over eleven years.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/26/2011
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
If you are over the age of 21 years, you can file a petition for an immigrant visa your biological mother and you can include your brother on that petition so long as he is unmarried and under 21 years. If your brother is over 21 or married, he cannot come in with your mother and you would have to file a separate petition for him. However, he would then fall into an immigrant classification (F4) that currently has a waiting period of 11 years. You are always best advised to consult with an immigration lawyer before you file anything. This way you can be better informed of the process, how long it will take and what alternatives may be available for your brother in case he cannot accompany your mother.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/26/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
2 separate petitions & 2 fees
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/26/2011
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
you will need to file two separate petitions with two application fees.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: