How do I file for a passport for my child if their father is in prison? Posted on May 24, 2011

I obtained Full custody thinking I would have father removed from my son’s birth certificate But No. Then I applied to get his last name changed to just mine thinking the same thing. I got his last name changed but father still on record. I want to file for my sons passport but father has to be there. Last thing I Knew he was in jail for almost raping a minor and was deported back to Mexico. How can I file for my sons passport? I hate to be spending money for nothing to happen. Do I really need a lawyer?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: