How do I file for my Mexican husband's green card? 2 Answers as of April 16, 2015

I'm a 21 year old U.S citizen. I got married last year in Mexico. My husband is a 23 year old Mexican citizen and he has never entered the states illegally. What requirements will I need so I could file for his green card?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You will need to file an I-130 application for him and wait for his visa to be approved so that he can get an interview at the consulate of his choice in Mexico and come to the US in a nutshell. I would see an attorney if I were you. There are many steps before he can come to the US.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/16/2015
Perez-Jenkins Law, LLC | Patricia Perez-Jenkins
You will need to file for him. The most difficult part is the affidavit of support. You must prove that you earn enough to support him and if you do not you must find a co-sponsor who is a US citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident who does earn enough to support him.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 4/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: