How do I file for legal separation from my wife and how much is the price range? 2 Answers as of July 01, 2013

We were together before marriage ten years and been married now for three years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Kalil & Eisenhut, LLC | Michael N. Kalil
You commence a separation/divorce action by the filing of a summons, or summons and complaint in the County Clerk's Office in your residence county. Price is very much a function of where you live as metropolitan areas (like New York City) as opposed to a more rural area upstate will, will be very different. My suggestion is to call a could local attorney's to get an idea as to the cost in your community.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/1/2013
David A. Browde, P.C.
David A. Browde, P.C. | David Browde
It's a simple filing and requires an agreement between the two of you. Contact a local attorney and work out the details.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/26/2013
Click to View More Answers: