How do I file for emergency custody of my son in another state? 1 Answers as of October 05, 2017

Recently, I left my husband due to a domestic violence situation (throwing things, screaming, demeaning, threatening. No physical violence yet). I have a 1 year old who I took with me. I tried to file for emergency custody in the state I came to, but they told me I have to file in my home state. My husband is not on my child's birth certificate and we were married after he was born. I had to leave the state as I only had 2 friends there and if I stayed anywhere there, he would find and kill me! He has threatened to kill me multiple times. He's in the military and has taken a life so he was not joking! I'm at a loose and don't know what to do. I can't go back or he will kill me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
You need to have a full discussion with a family lawyer in the state that you moved from. You need to get an injunction.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 10/5/2017
Click to View More Answers: