How do I file for divorce if my spouse lives in a different state? 1 Answers as of July 14, 2011

I want to file for divorce. I was married in michigan, where my spouse still lives. I know live in Ohio for 3 months now. How do I file for divorce.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
First, you wait another three months because you must demonstrate that you have resided in Ohio for six months prior to filing. But there are many questions which must be answered to determine divorce jurisdiction. Where does the spouse live, where are the children domiciled, and so on. Meet with a local domestic relations attorney for further information on filing requirements.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 7/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: