How do I file for citizenship and how long would it take? 1 Answers as of April 23, 2015

I am a 25 year old student with Nigerian citizenship. I’ve been in the US for 5 years. I need my older brother to file citizenship or dependent status for me, but don’t know how to go about it. What forms do I need? How long does it usually take? How much does it cost? What documents do I need to present? Who should I talk to and where do I send the forms? Thanks for your time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I think your best bet will be to meet with an attorney to try and guide you towards a specific course of action for you to implement in order to figure out whether you need citizenship or legal permanent residency or just a visa petition being filed for you by your brother. By your question, it seems you don't really know what your status is in the United States.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/23/2015
Click to View More Answers: