How do I file for an unconsummated divorce? 1 Answers as of March 10, 2011

I was married and never slept with my husband. I left him a month after, and havent seen him since its been roughly 7 years. How do I go about filing for divorce?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C.
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C. | Theodore W. Robinson
You can file for either a divorce or an annulment if the rest of the circumstances warrant it. Its probably easier to file for a divorce based upon a No Fault Basis. You must have him served with a Summons and Complaint for Divorce either personally or by substituted service, which the attorney you hire will explain in more depth. There is a "Nail and Mail" service as well as service by publication and you can leave it with a person of suitable age and discretion. Speak to a local lawyer who can assist you.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 3/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: