How do I file for an appeal to a child custody order? 2 Answers as of October 27, 2011

I have a 5 month old. When I was pregnant my boyfriend insulted me and said he doesn't want the child. Two months ago he slapped me, broke my spectacles and my right eye. He always comes at my home to see the baby at inappropriate hours. Two days ago we went to the family court because he asked for visit every Wednesday from 1pm to 6pm and every Saturday from 10am to 5pm. My attorney in law asked for 2 hours twice a month because I am still a student. I was so stressed that I forgot to say to the judge what he has done to me. The judge gave him 2 hours twice a week. He called me to say he knew I can't make it in the week days, and that he could see the baby every Saturday only for 4 hours. I don't want this and want to appeal. What must I do? Can I be given another chance to speak to the judge? I forgot to mention that he doesn't give money at all for the baby and that my mother has to pay r3300 each month to the nursery. He doesn't work. He is also saying he will ask for the child's full custody.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC
The Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC | Elizabeth Zwiebel
You have 14 days to file an appeal in family court. You will need to hire an attorney to perfect the filing of an appeal. The appeal will grant you a new hearing. You have 14 days from the date of the order.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 10/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: