How do I file another divorce motion? 2 Answers as of August 12, 2011

When I got divorced the final dissolution of marriage stated "After the father completes drug rehabilitation program he may motion the court to revisit the issue of time-sharing with the child" I recently finished drug rehabilitation program and filed a motion to the best of my ability following all directions. I received a letter today stating the motion was denied and the following: A.)This court has jurisdiction over the partied and the subject matter thereof. B.) This motion was filed in the wrong format (Petition for Modification of Time-Sharing) The motion was filed in florida and the rest of the letter tells me how to file another motion but doesn't tell me how to correct the motion. I cannot afford to get a lawyer just to tell me how to fill out a form I should be able to fill out myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
A Supplemental Petition for Modification of Final Judgment would be the correct document to file. The Supreme Court of Florida has a form and you can get a copy off the internet or from your local Clerk's office. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/12/2011
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Go to your local court ask the clerk for the self help desk and purchase the package for modification. The packet should have the forms you need and instructions.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/12/2011
Click to View More Answers: