How do I fight a bill that was sent to me mistakenly? 2 Answers as of November 25, 2010

Please read and respond to my question, and I may hire you. I went to the doctor about a problem, and while I was there, I agreed to have certain blood tests done but not others.

Six months later, I got a bill for the tests I agreed to have done as well as those I said I did not want. Since I specifically told the doctor I did not want those tests done, I feel I should not have to pay for them. I have tried everything I can think of to fix the bill.

I have talked to the doctor and his office 5 times, I have talked to the company that did the tests and sent me the bill 3 times, and no one will take responsibility for it. I just tried one last time to get my doctor to pay for it, and he refuses. What do I do? The bill is for $324. Would it be more expensive to sue him than pay it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Dack Marasigan, LLP
Dack Marasigan, LLP | Martin E. Dack, Esq
You can claim if there is a written record of you asking not to do the tests.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/25/2010
Click to View More Answers: