How do I fight a 14 year old ticket? 4 Answers as of April 29, 2011

I have two tickets from 1997. I never received either and my license is revoked because of them. Can I fight them or get them reduced to a more affordable rate?

You should retain a criminal attorney to contact the court and schedule an appearance. He can probably have the charges dismissed as the prosecutor did not use due diligence to have the case tried in a timely fashion. Feel free to call for a consultation. You license will be cleared and you will have no points and pay no fine, but there is a bench warrant that has to be expunged and a suspension that has to be lifted.
This response is general information only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. However, you should hire an attorney to try to get the amounts of fines reduced.
You need to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer who can fight them for you. Because you were never served with them, there may be a good issue as to whether the statute of limitations applies in your case. Speak to a lawyer right away. Good luck.
Law Office of William R. Falcone, Esq.
Law Office of William R. Falcone, Esq. | William R. Falcone
Yes, you do need to appear at the original courts and explain how you found out the reason for the default and your defense. If you can't open it up you still be able to negotiate the amount due. A local attorney can be helpful in handling these old tickets. Worst case scenario you are back where you started.