How do I expunge my DUI I got 5 years ago and how much would it cost? 13 Answers as of May 29, 2015

I am now 22-years-old. When I was 19, I got a DUI when I was visiting my friends. I am trying to get into law enforcement, but am scared that my chances will be ruined because of the DUI. If I have nothing else on my record, what do I need to do to get the DUI expunged?

Consult an experienced criminal lawyer. So far as I can tell, the expunction statute does not extend to OWI cases, but I could be wrong.
You can't. The reason is that each subsequent conviction of a DUI carries with it more severe penalties. If you were to expunge the DUI conviction and then get another, the court might be under the impression that it was a "first" offense, when it was not.
You need to first check state statutes on whether your DUI can be expunged. If so, the statute tells you the steps you must follow to expunge your record. There are law firms that specialize in this area.
In California, DUIs remain on your DMV record for 10 years and cannot be expunged from your DMV record. The DUI convictions may be expunged from the court records, at the discretion of a judge, but can still be used as enhancements for future DUI filings and convictions.
You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq. | Stephanie Lee Ehrbright
    In Arizona they do not have expungement. You can get it Set Aside though, this would make it show that it has been dismissed. They would still be able to see the case if they looked it up, but it would show that you have been rehabilitated.
    LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com
    LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com | Andrea Storey Rogers
    In Missouri, a first-time misdemeanor DUI conviction can be expunged from your record after 10 years of good behavior (no other alcohol-related law enforcement contacts during that 10-year period).