How do I expunge a felony theft conviction of 25 years ago? Posted on July 17, 2011

I was convicted in February of 1985 or February 1986 of a felony theft of property. The "victims" were Bruce and Peggy Paul. My name was Lisa York at the time. I had NO prior convictions, and I have had NO trouble since. I am a single mother of 3 children, and this felony has destroyed my life. I was in fact innocent, but I was told by my court appointed attorney to plead guilty. As I was only 19 years old at the time, I didn't understand the law. I understand a lot more now. I just want to be free of all this legal mess. I have NO income, and I need help if possible. I spent 3 months in the North Carolina Correctional Center for Women in Raleigh,NC, and was placed on probation to continue out for 2 years. How can I do this for the least amount of money as possible.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: